Pageviews past week

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New route on the Jorasses?

Exciting for me to meet really active climbers through the Cold Thistle hammers.

I was forunate to have Olov ask for my last set of hammers as I left Chamonix last spring.

He has be doing a lot of climbing that I keep track of through his blog which is among few I follow.

http://olovisaksson.blogspot.com/

Congradulations Olov!

Grandes Jorasses expert Luca Signorelli wrote to Olov:


"It looks like you did the continuation of Cristal Palace originally missed by Ivano. I doubt it has been ever climbed the way you did, but the problem with the R flank of the North Face is that it had a lot of undocumented or poorly documented activity by locals. You may safely claim it as a major variant and see what happens! Keep in mind that there's a lot left to do on GJ particularly on the Italian side, so a new route claim.wouldn't sound outrageous! "


No comments: