Pageviews past week

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

Monday, May 30, 2011

Diet and sport? The best words I have read......

and I have seen a lot of words and read more than one book on the subject.

Common sense and a good education will go a long ways. 

I get so tired of reading forums and seeing the same questions over and over again.  The best?  How many pull ups can you do, must you do, to climb?

My answer...ZERO.  No question upper body strength will help.  But I can tell you from personal experience you can climb and not be able to do a pull up.  The obvious answer is "none and more".

My blog is generally about gear.   Simple reason.  People like to read about gear.  I like playing with it. 
Will's comments are more important than gear.

From Will Gadd's blog:

Consuming unsustainable and downright puritanical diets will not ultimately lead to better long-term performance. For the vast, vast majority of athletes (and the general public) simply training/exercising hard regularly and eating more simple food and less processed junk is the solution, just as it always has been. Some times the truth is really boring.

The full read is here:

http://gravsports.blogspot.com/2011/05/response-to-anon.html

No comments: